MGAP attorneys at law
Main office location
Our legal practice offers a full range of legal services for Russian companies considering expansion or raising finance on international markets including corporate transactions such as IPOs (primarily on LSE and AIM), private acquisitions, equity finance, creating and developing business vehicles abroad, etc.
We try to build connections between European and Russian markets by means of providing our foreign clients with legal services and advice on Russian law. We have trustworthy partners and a wide range of clients in the UK, France, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Japan, Cyprus.
In IPO our main focuses are:
- conducting pre-marketing consultations and meetings for clients planning a floatation on the London Stock Exchange or AIM
- preparation of necessary documents under the Russian law
- conducting all necessary compliance procedures
- undertaking legal due diligence and verification for IPO and / or other substantial transactions
- preparation of prospectus and reports in compliance with required standards
- deciding on a proper business structure and instruments to optimize an IPO
- providing legal opinion and advice for the structuring of the client’s business in accordance with international standards for successful IPO
- providing advice on corporate governance, corporate reputation, transparency and disclosure of information issues necessary for accessing overseas equity capital markets.
Once we have fully understood the individual needs of a client, we are able to apply a combination of legal and practical skills to find a strategic tailor-made solution for each company. Our IP and media department has a strong experience in IP advice, copyright protection, assistance in the registration of trademarks and patenting of utility models, industrial designs and inventions both in Russia and abroad, IP enforcement, preparation and analysis of documents concerning IP violations and IP protection in court.
- Russian companies wishing to expand or invest abroad
- Foreign investors into Russian businesses
- Real estate developers
- Investment companies
- High net-worth individuals
- Foreign law firms
An award for the contribution in legal profession issued by the Russian Federal Bar (2005)
Law firms with experience in equity finance; debt finance, mergers and acquisitions; with experience in IP and media law in European Union and CIS.
Members of this firmSergei Gratchev