The conduct of inspections for the enforcement of EU Competition Law
In order to enforce competition law within the European Union, the European Commission and national competition authorities (NCAs) are entitled to conduct inspections.
This seminar will analyse in detail the powers of the Commission’s officials, as well as the role of NCAs and national judges during such inspections.
The discussion will also address the rights of the parties and provide judges, in-house counsel and lawyers in private practice with a better understanding of the proceedings.
- The regulatory framework of the Commission's power concerning inspections;
- Rights of private parties: level of protection before the EU courts and the ECtHR;
- The role of national judges during inspections;
- Inspections conducted by NCAs and the exportation of standards for the protection of parties' rights;
- The role of the European Commission's Guidance Paper for judges, claimants and defendants.
Registrations reaching ERA before 13 July 2012 will be eligible for a 20 % discount.
Download the programme (PDF)